Food & Beverage Production Support
Columbian provides support for all stages of food and beverage production, from storage and handling of raw materials to distribution of finished goods to your customers. Our services include:
- Inventory management and replenishment
- Packaging supply storage and replenishment
- Kitting and assembly
- Shuttle & Switch Service
- Peddle Runs
Columbian Logistics Network operates an asset based fleet of tractors and trailers that allows direct control of inspection, cleaning and disinfection required for food grade transportation. Our drivers are trained in the proper methods of loading and unloading food and food grade products, and follow strict checklist when inspecting a trailer before loading:
- Check for food residues from earlier loads.
- Check for cleaning and sanitizing residues.
- Check the cooling unit for proper function.
- Check trailer insulation and door seals.
- Pre-cool the unit for at least an hour at the required temperature for the food.
- Check that the ribbed floors and air chutes are clean and unclogged.